We, VisitingPortugal, agree to rent to you the holiday property detailed in the "Reservation Confirmation" email which also outlines your rental timeframe and maximum occupancy.
The property will be delivered in good order, clean, fully furnished and with fresh linens. We have contracted with local utilities to provide water, heat and electricity (plus internet and Cable TV for Lisbon rentals). We are not responsible for outages on the part of these utility providers.
Rental rates are all-inclusive. There are no additional fees for utilities, cleaning or taxes. You are, however, responsible for outgoing calls on the loaner cell phone.
You agree, in consideration of the use and occupancy of this property, to the following conditions:
1. GUEST IDENTIFICATION & RESPONSIBILITY: You are at least 25 years of age and are making this reservation for yourself. You take full responsibility for all other occupants on the premises during your stay.
2. EXTRA VISITORS: Only the contracted occupants as listed on the Reservation Confirmation email may be onsite at the property. For insurance purposes, visitors must be approved in advance. Absolutely no parties, meetings, over-occupancy, etc. Violation of this clause will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
3. PETS/SMOKING/COMPORTMENT: No pets. No smoking. You will peacefully and quietly occupy the premises and will conduct yourselves in a manner inoffensive to the neighbors. Violation of any of these conditions will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments.
4. CHECK-IN/CHECK-OUT: Check-in is at 4pm, check-out is at 10am. Non-standard check-in and check-out times must be pre-approved in writing, so we can schedule accordingly. (There is a €50 late fine for each hour, or fraction thereof, that occupants stay beyond the contracted check-out time, thereby impeding the preparation of the property for the next guests.)
5. LOST ITEMS: Please contact us promptly if you have left personal belongings at the property after check-out. Items will be held for 30 days before being donated to charity or discarded.
6. REPORTING PROBLEMS: You agree to promptly report to us any and all mechanical, electrical, plumbing or other problems with the property.
7. OWNER ACCESS: With a minimum of 24 hours notice, we shall have the right to enter and inspect the premises at reasonable times to ensure maintenance and safety and to show to prospective tenants or buyers. In an emergency, we may enter at any time without securing your prior permission.
8. LATE PAYMENTS: If your Final Payment is not received at least 60 days prior to your arrival, your reservation will be cancelled.
9. DAMAGE DEPOSIT: For Lisbon rentals, a Damage Deposit must be paid in cash upon arrival. (The Casa Armona deposit is paid in advance or upon arrival, depending upon arrival schedules.) This Damage Deposit is 100% refundable given that:
a) all provisions of this agreement are complied with;
b) the house and contents are left in good order, clean and with no breakage or damage beyond normal wear and tear.
In the event of damages beyond normal wear and tear, your responsibility is not limited to the Damage Deposit amount. As such, you agree to reimburse us the actual costs arising from excessive clean-up, missing items, repairs, replacement, and, if necessary, costs incurred for removing occupants from the property.
NOTE: For Lisbon rentals, we will attempt to assess the premises and return your Damage Deposit at check-out. However, we reserve the right to retain the entire amount at our discretion in order to perform a more thorough check-out evaluation. If this occurs, your Damage Deposit will be mailed to you no later than three weeks (21 days) after check-out, less any amount deducted, if necessary. (For Casa Armona, deposit will usually be refunded electronically.) Please assist us in returning your Damage Deposit in full by ensuring that the premises are in good order upon check-out.
a) TRAVEL INSURANCE. Please purchase travel insurance to protect yourself from the unexpected, including cancellation coverage, personal belonging protection and public liability. We realize that cancellations are unplanned and, usually, for traumatic reasons; however, we can not provide cancellation insurance for those who opt to not purchase it themselves.
b) CANCELLATIONS BY VISITINGPORTUGAL. Once your booking is confirmed, we will not accept any other offers -- no matter how financially attractive -- for your chosen dates. Your reservation is guaranteed.
c) CANCELLATION BY GUEST. Upon receipt of emailed notice from you, we will cancel your reservation and, within 48 hours, email an invoice reflecting all payments received. You can then deliver this invoice to your Travel Insurance provider.
d) CANCELLATION REFUNDS. The amount of refund depends upon the terms and conditions of your Travel Insurance company; they will be responsible for any reimbursement of payments.
e) PROPERTY UNAVAILABLE. If your chosen property, due to an act of God, major outage, etc., is not available upon arrival, we will (i) offer an available VisitingPortugal property of equal/greater value or (ii) promptly refund your payment in full.
11. RESIDENTIAL USE/SUBLETTING/TENANCY: The premises shall be used for residential purposes only. You may not let, sublet, or assign this rental agreement. This agreement does not create a long-term tenancy for the property. Occupants(s) can be removed from the property without process of law if they do not depart at the check-out day and time indicated in the "Reservation Confirmation" email.
12. CHILDREN/HANDICAPPED ACCESS: Properties are not equipped for the elderly or handicapped. Although some complementary child-safety features may be provided, we are not liable for the safety of children.
13. LIABILITY: We will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury incurred at the property, or through the use of any equipment or facilities, other than death or personal injury arising as a consequence of our gross negligence. Under no circumstances will our liability exceed the amount paid by you for the rental period. Please ensure you have adequate personal liability and medical insurance in effect during your stay.
© * 2003- Visiting Portugal.com - Privately-Owned Holiday Rentals - All Rights Reserved
Lisbon Holiday Apartments & Vacation Homes - Portugal Vacation Rental Accommodation by Owner
Offered under the "Arrendamento Urbano" regime - Encaixado no regime de "Arrendamento Urbano"